February 1, 2008

Remembering a positive man


Pres. Hinckley's 6 Be's
He added 3 more.
The complete list is:
Be Grateful
Be Smart
Be Clean
Be True
Be Humble
Be Prayerful
Be Positive
Be Still
Be Involved

and I will add:

Be Happy!
"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."
~Gordon B. Hinckley~
Sweet words to my ears and what I think President Hinckley represented. He was such an ambassador of optimism. I couldn't help but smile whenever I saw him. But beyond that, he inspired me to hope for a better world.

I am not LDS but I know that the world was a better place because of this wonderful man.
* * *

1 comment:

Leisha said...

I definitely agree that the world was a better place with him. I loved his wit and laughter. He was always positive. A true example of just enjoying life to its fullest. He will be missed but I cannot help to think that he is rejoicing in heaven with his beloved wife and many other wonderful leaders who have passed before him. How wonderful that must be.